Become a Member
Membership in Merck Sharp & Dohme Federal Credit Union is limited to groups in our federal charter. The following groups are eligible for membership:
- Anyone working for Merck & Company, Inc., and Flik International located in or supervised from West Point, including Merck's national sales force, Merck's Wilson and Durham, North Carolina plants, and Telerex.
- Contractors who work at or are supervised from Merck & Co., Inc. are eligible to join the Credit Union, provided they have a valid Merck & Co. ID. The name and phone number of a Merck employee they report to should be listed on the membership application.
- If you work for any of our sponsor companies or belong to one of the associations in our charter, you can join.
- Anyone who is a an employee/member, volunteer, or retiree of any of the aforementioned groups may join.
- Anyone who is an immediate family member or household member of a current MSDFCU member is also eligible to join. Immediate family members include spouses, children, parents, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren.
All you need to do is complete a secure online membership application, make an initial deposit of $5.00 and upload a copy of your Driver's License to open your Savings Account.
Once a member, you just need to maintain a minimum balance of $5.00 in your Savings Account and perform at least one transaction every six months to keep your account active. As a member, you are eligible for all the benefits MSDFCU offers, such as checking, auto loans, money market accounts, IRAs, online banking, and much more.