Teach Them Young. Youth Accounts for Every Age.
Investing in the future of our youth is essential. Teaching them the importance of financial management and budgeting can be challenging, but with MSDFCU, you can start them towards a healthy and responsible relationship with money.
||Dollar Dog Kids Club®
||CU Succeed® Account
||Congratulations on your new addition! When a child enters your life, many things change fast, including your financial concerns.
||Give your kids a financial head start. Enroll them in MSDFCU's Dollar Dog Kids Club®. They will learn the value of saving money while having fun.
||Jump start your teen’s savings, especially as they approach driving age and first jobs. CU Succeed® will help them learn to budget and save for the important milestones in life.
You can find more information on savings and see what other teens are doing on the Claim Your Youth website.
||We’ll celebrate the birth of a child by funding their first $5 to open the account.
- A gift from the fun chest when making a deposit
- They’ll receive a special Dollar Dog Membership Card
- Games and Contests
- Dollar Dog Kids Club website www.dollardog.com
- Advanced notice for special events and celebrations
- They’ll receive a quarterly Dollar Dog Newsletter designed specifically for kids
- Earn $1 for every final grade of A (or equivalent) through the Report Card Rewards program, up to $5 per year
- VISA® Debit Card (With parent as joint applicant on the account, limit of $500)
- Eligible for Online Banking
- Earn dividends
- Claim Your Youth website
- Quarterly CU Succeed newsletter
- Earn $1 for every A (or equivalent) received on your final report card, up to $5 per year
- Invites to special events and to CU Succeed University
||Social Security Number
$5 minimum balance is required to Open (we provide the first $5)
- $5 minimum balance is required to Open a Dollar Dog Kids Club® Account and no service charges
- Accounts with $50 or more earn monthly dividends
- Parents can link their accounts to their child’s account
- At age 13, the Dollar Dog Account will automatically be upgraded to a CU Succeed Account
|$5 minimum balance is required to Open a CU Succeed Account
At age 18, the CU Succeed Account will automatically be upgraded to a regular membership account
Open an Account
Open online, stop into any branch or call (215) 996-3700 with questions.
More than just accounts, additional Youth Services.
- Uniform Transfer to Minors Act (UTMA) Savings Accounts
- CU Student Choice for higher education help and college loans
- CU Succeed University, a two-part course offered periodically to teens to teach budgeting, savings and lending basics
- Investment, planning and other options for long-term financial needs