Montgomery County Chapter of Credit Unions Scholarship Award.
The Montgomery County Chapter of Credit Unions Scholarship Award is available to any participating credit union member who is a senior in high school and is accepted to attend an accredited college, university or trade school this fall. One scholarship of $1,000.00 will be awarded. To apply for this award, the student must meet the following criteria:
• Submit application and at least one letter of recommendation from his or her teacher or counselor and provide information about the student’s curricular and extracurricular activities.
• The student must be a member of one of the participating credit unions in the Montgomery County Chapter of Credit Unions.
• The student will submit an essay on “With respect to your future education, how do you think you can promote your Credit Union in your community?” to the Montgomery County Chapter of Credit Unions’ Board of Directors. To be eligible, the student must include a confirmation that he or she belongs to a named participating credit union and outline his or her community service activities to date.
• The student will have a senior year grade point average of 3.0 or higher. This is to be verified by the high school or by a copy of a transcript or recent report card.
• Include a copy of 2-year or 4-year accredited college, university or trade school acceptance letter.
• Submission deadline has been extended to Tuesday March 24, 2020.
Submissions can be sent via mail or in-person to:
Montgomery Co. Chapter of Credit Unions Education Committee
C/O Stephanie Newbert
Norristown Bell Credit Union
1407 Erbs Mill Road
Blue Bell, PA 19422
The Board of Directors will select the winner; however, any Board members’ immediate family members will not be eligible to apply. Winner will be notified by March 25, 2020. Winner will be encouraged to attend our April 8th monthly meeting to receive their award.
If you have any questions about this award, please contact the Education Committee referencing the Montgomery Co. Chapter of Credit Unions Scholarship via e-mail at MontcoScholarship@nbcu.org.
Vince Market, President TruMark Financial
Denise Davis, Vice President American Heritage FCU
Brian Bischof, Treasurer Affiliated Trades CU
Dana DeFilippis, Secretary Merck Sharp & Dohme FCU
Stephanie Newbert, Director Norristown Bell Credit Union
Liesl Stroup, Director North Penn FCU