Easy, Convenient and Secure. Popmoney.
What is Popmoney?
Popmoney is a personal payment service that lets you send, request, and receive money to or from friends, family or just about anyone, online or through your mobile device.
The Popmoney personal payment service eliminates the inconvenience of checks and cash by allowing you to send money to virtually anyone you know or owe directly from your bank account. All you need is the recipient’s email address or mobile number. No hassles for you OR anyone else!
- Easy – use your existing bank account; there’s no need to set up a separate account
- Designed for sending and receiving money – to and from people you know; unlike competing services, it’s not for buying and selling online
- Ready when you are – send money today or schedule future and recurring payments
- Send requests – request and receive money from one person or a group
- Truly personal – give your money a more personal touch with Popmoney e-greetings
- Import your contacts from Gmail®, Yahoo!® and Hotmail® to facilitate sending and receiving money to and from people you know
What can you do with Popmoney?
- Send a gift to family and friends
- Send rent to your landlord or roommates
- Request money for club dues, your sports team or a group vacation
- Pay your dog walker or lawn care service
- Get paid back for arranging an outing, like a concert or party
How it works.
Popmoney works through either online banking or bill pay, using the same systems and security you rely on today without having to sign up for anything new. To send money, all you need is the name and email address or mobile number of the recipient. The recipient will get a personalized email or text message indicating you’ve sent them money with instructions on how to pick it up. If the recipient’s bank or credit union offers Popmoney, the recipient can simply use online banking/bill pay and the money will go directly from your checking or savings account to his or hers. If not, the recipient can go to Popmoney.com* to indicate where the money should be deposited.
If you are owed money, you can request it from someone using an email address or mobile number. The money sent will go directly into your bank account.**
Try it now
* “Terms and Conditions apply. Popmoney personal payment services offered at www.Popmoney.com are provided by or through CheckFreePay Corporation, a licensed money transmitter, and/or its affiliate CheckFreePay Corporation of New York, which is licensed and regulated as a Money Transmitter by the New York State Department of Financial Services, each a wholly owned subsidiary of Fiserv, Inc.”
**FIs that offer the Request feature.