CU Abstract provides credit unions and their members with access to state-of-the-art title insurance services. We have created an environment for real estate closings that is conducive with the credit union philosophy of exceptional member service.
At CU Abstract, we work with the mortgage lending department of the credit union to seamlessly coordinate all facets of the closing process:
- Clients can place orders, check status and receive title commitments online.
- Fully executed mortgage packages are returned to the credit union.
- Credit unions receive complete assurance that all instructions for closing are followed.
- All closings are scheduled with the convenience of the member foremost.
The use of technology to make the process efficient and the ability to have liens recorded quickly and documents back to the credit union within 3 days (where applicable).
- Preparation or ordering of the required payoffs, certification of taxes, water/sewer, and preparation of the new deed
- Faster closing of files allowing for speedy transmission from the credit union to FNMA and FHLMC
- The ability to record new lien holders electronically (where applicable) on Home Equity loans
- Prepare and send mortgage/home equity satisfactions at a minimal cost to you
- Professional title insurance and lien issue advice is available to your staff free of charge
Contact us for more information.
Ian Katz, President
CU Abstract is a CUSO owned by Merck Sharp & Dohme Federal Credit Union to serve credit unions and their members throughout the Greater Philadelphia Area. CU Abstract is a licensed full service title agency providing settlement services in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Established in 2004, CU Abstract is an approved agent for First American Title Insurance Co.